CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 9, 2008

Turkey and Dumplings...

Wondering what to do with all that leftover Thanksgiving/Easter/special occasion turkey? Wonder no longer!! I used a "slow cooker chicken and dumplings" recipe with some left over turkey and it was great!! I read lots of the member reviews and seasoned the soup with.... paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, seasoned salt....I think that's it. I added 2 cans of vegetables, 1 of peas and 1 of mixed veggies. (I would normally go fresh or frozen, not being a huge fan of veggies from cans, but I think those are better for soups and stews). I didn't use a slow cooker since the turkey was already cooked, just heated everything up in a big stockpot. Then made the dumplings...the fun part!

So this recipe is unique because you use refrigerated biscuit dough for your dumplings. It's not alot of work but it tastes like you went to alot of trouble (the best kind of recipe!). I used 1 can which was plenty for 2 of us. You can make them as doughy or as done as you like. My husband usually ends up begging for big doughy goo-balls.
There is actual soup underneath those dumplings! (Here they are cooking)
Mmmmm!

0 comments: