CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Babyfood!!


I am having a great time making baby food!! I can't believe how much money it saves and I really enjoy doing it. It's nice to know that my son is eating something that I made. Making it, has been a learning experience though, mostly in the area of quantity. These pictures include the first things I made, peas and carrots, but I've branched out a lot since then.

This picture is to give an idea of quantity. That jar is .79 and the amount of peas in the homemade food cost about $2.00. Bon Apetit!

2 comments:

lislynn said...

okay, so I'm curious to see what else you come up with to make into baby food. Judah stops eating whatever it is he liked before, right after I make up a ton of it to freeze or can. I have, in this manner, thrown away buckets of sweet potatoes, avocado, peas, carrots and applesauce. He pretty much hates it once it becomes "babyfood". Or, in other words, "easy to feed him in a hurry". Gotta be high-maintenance.... who knew MY kids would turn out that way??

Laurie B. said...

Well, I've made pears, peaches, bananas, peas, carrots, sweet poatotes, asparagus, chicken, tofu, egg yolks, and he eats with those things mixed in, oatmeal and rice "porridge" that I also make. I am trying to pace the introducing, but this week he'll also try, beans and potatoes.

He's also tried lots of stuff that I haven't made into food yet. First I buy a jar to introduce a food (so I don't have to make a ton if he doesn't like it...ha, I have yet to find that one!) so he's tried prunes, raspberries, mangoes, turkey and chicken dinners, avocados and squash.

Some of that stuff I'll make and some I probably never will because it's too much work (in my mind). I just keep it on hand and when it seems like he gets tired of something switch it up for a while or mix it up. He's seems to totally (babies are GROSS!) not mind if he is eating cottage cheese mixed with a peach and an asparagus cube. The more flavor the better!


blech.